Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Doctor



Well, I took the boys to the dr today. They both have double ear infections, yipee! Poor babies. No wonder Finn walks around the room crying and Jamie is so clingy that I can't seem to even eat dinner without him trying to worm his way into my lap. They had ear infections before and were given the familiar pink amoxicillen (?) liquid that Jennie and I fondly remember from our childhood and that worked fine. Well their regular doctor is on vacation and the temporary doctor gave them a "broader spectrum" anitbiotic that is think and white. I filled the dropper and Jamie said "me do it" which is pretty standard 3 year old, so I handed it to him and told him to squeeze it in his mouth. So he does and promptly throws up. Great... so I figured he just poked himself in the back of the throat so I gave Finn his and he was fine. So I decided to try again with Jamie and told him to be more careful with the dropper. So he does and swallows it and kind of gags a bit but keeps it down. Then he walks a couple steps and just throws up all over the carpet and completely empties his poor little tummy. (Boysenberries, yummy) So I am really hoping he is fine when I try again tomorrow morning, otherwise I'll have to call the dr and get another prescription blah, blah blah!


On another note Finn is doing really well walking. Some of the other people at the dr asked how old he was since their 10 month old isn't crawling at all yet. He didn't seem very interested in anything either, but hopefully he was just sick. The other day Finn was walking, bent down to pick something up and kept on going! Very cool! Poor thing, he has been miserable since he can't breathe out of his nose and that makes babies VERY cranky.


I am putting a picture of Jamie at 10 months and a picture of Finn from this week, aren't they cute?!


Yesterday Jamie told me he was "really very fond of fruit rolls". I said did you just say you were "really very fond of..."? He said yes! Crazy kid where does he learn this stuff. Today at Target when we picked up my prescription he used the money my aunt Jan sent for his birthday to buy 2 hot wheels. He handed the girl the cars and paid with his own money and got the change. It was so cute! He is getting sooo big. I don't know how my baby can be so big!

1 comment:

Kathy said...

Amazing how much Jamie and Finn look alike right now, yet at their 10 month pictures they look nothing alike!!! So cute, though! Thanks for sharing!