Friday, April 25, 2008

Bedtime

I feel like a crazy blogging person doing 3 posts in 2 days, but I'm quite sure it's the novelty of the thing and soon I'll forget completely! I just put the kids to bed (now if they would just stay there ;)) and Jamie said one of my favorite phrases: "mom you my big brother." The way he says it is so cute and I can tell he thinks it is one of the nicest things you can say to someone, even better than "I love you". And if he is especially snugglie he will say "mom you my big brother in the whole world." It is so cute and yet I want to laugh every time he says it because I'm pretty sure that is impossible to be someones mom and big brother at the same time! But he means it so nicely that I just thank him. Someday he will figure out what it means! It shows me how he gets all his definitions from how we use words in everyday language. Kind of scary! Makes me think of how daddy always wanted to teach us the alphabet all screwed up so that in Kindergarten we would sing "ezgitlehg..."! We usually tell him what a good big brother he is when he is being very nice to Finn, so he must think it is very high praise. Well I'd better get to cleaning up after the boys, they sure can tear a room apart in a matter of minutes, especially since Finn is mobile now!

No comments: