Sunday, June 29, 2008

Jennies wedding



My little sister got married yesterday! It was quite a day, especially trying to keep a 3 year old and a 1 year old entertained and be matron of honor! But they both did very well (and I think I did as well :)) And Jennie married Ben and gave up the hard to spell name Styffe for the much easier Davis. I still remember when my uncle Glenn asked me if I would hyphenate my name, I replied and be Melissa Styffe-Schweitzer, I don't think so! But I love my new name, I've had it for 4 years now! I better get a move on, since I posted 6 entrys in May and April and only have 4 now for June, and the month is almost gone. Working full time really cuts into my blogging! Jamie was the ring bearer (Finn was supposed to be too, but he decided the kitchen at the church was more interesting than a room full of people) and did very well. Since mommy had the idea to give Uncle Ben a superman sucker and tell Jamie to give Ben the pillow and he will give Jamie the sucker! It worked :) Jamie was told that if he was good for the wedding he would get a blast off car. Which is something he saw on tv that he has wanted for a long time. It is about 30 inches long and you put water in a tank and pump it full of air to create pressure, then you hit a lever to release the car and it "blast's off" getting everying wet. Jamie loves it! The funny thing is that after the rehersal dinner he said "ok, Jennies wedding over, me good, lets go get blast off car!" Then yesterday morning he said "mommy me no want you to get married" all sad. I said "Honey, mommy's not getting married, I'm already married to Daddy, aunt Jennie is getting married!" We went to Ben's house today to watch the newlyweds open presents and Ben's brother Patrick let Jamie see his legos, so Jamie found his new best friend, at one point I went in to check on him and they were shooting a giant nerf gun with suction cup darts at the mirrored closet! Jamie was having the best time! He now wants to show Patrick his blast off car. Jamie told Jennie, "Jennie, you not know about blast off car."! He is so funny!

1 comment:

Kathy said...

What a special day this was! Jamie and Finn were the best for their Aunt Jenn's big day. Also, I had fun holding Jamie during the ceremony.

Love, Mom