Thursday, October 16, 2008

Muddy Boy



Well, the other morning Jamie wanted to go outside really early, like around 8 (and I'm not saying 8 is early to be up, just for him to go outside!) So after a while he was being really quiet, which we all know means trouble. So I got up and peeked out the window to see him under our grapefruit and orange tree playing in the mud. I thought, oh great, what is he doing, and all of a sudden he starts rubbing it up his arm to the elbow! My first reaction was to run out the door and stop him, but then I remembered the pictures of Jennie and I doing the same thing under our big tree in our backyard and I thought, he's not really hurting anything. So I let him play, just keeping an eye on him. He got it up both arms and started finger painting on the wall. I'm sure he knew he shouldn't be doing it, but he looked like he was having fun. After about 20 minutes he realized he was really cold and wet and came up to the door. So I hosed him down to get the worst off and hauled him off to the bathtub. But before that I took some pictures! I also snapped this cute picture of Finn on the fireplace looking at all he could play with since his brother wasn't there to stop him!

1 comment:

Kathy said...

How great is that picture! I will have to find the one of you in the mud. I bet it will be very similar! And Finn looks like he is going to conquer the world!